Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT The Post Office should cut mail days in half and the price of stamps

wrote in message
I agree I had 2 boxes shipped on the same day from the same shipper.
(California to Florida) The USPS priority Mail box got here 5 days
faster than Fed Ex ground and the Fed Ex box cost more to ship.

I seem to get about the same results from all the services. I live in North
Carolina and I think Texas is about as far as I can think of right now that
I have gotten anything from lately. If I order on Monday I almost always
get it by Thursday or Friday. I did get a package about 10 years ago from
California in 3 days by FedEx.

The worst service I have gotten lately was the US Mail. Friend in a town
less than an hour a way by car sent me a package that contained an item
about the size of a printer ink cartrage. It took almost two weeks from
the postmark.
All othere things seem to come in a few days from the shipping date.