Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT The Post Office should cut mail days in half and the price of stamps

Peter wrote:

[snip]

Those of us who take for granted having internet-connected computers at
home have to remember that there are tens of millions in this country
who, whether too poor, too mentally challenged (either developmentally
or aged) or just plain uninterested, do NOT have internet-connected
computers at home.

or don't have decent internet service available. I know someone like that.

For them, the U.S. mail is a necessity, not merely a
source of spam flyers. Besides, in most countries with far more modest
economies (and egos) than ours, there is typically daily mail service at
an affordable price.

Have we become too advanced and advantaged to renounce our mail service
along with our once admired public education and health care systems?

--
18 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
12:00:00 AM).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from
religious conviction." -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), Pense'es, #894.