Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Congress may flip switch on CFLs

On Dec 7, 8:47*am, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 12/7/2010 7:51 AM, HeyBub wrote:

"While we must continue to work to improve energy efficiency and reduce our
energy consumption, the misguided ban on incandescent light bulbs needs to
be repealed..."

Not only that, but some in Congress - and quite a few citizens - are
convinced: "It's emblematic of everything that's wrong in the relationship
between Washington and the voters. There was no conversation; there was no
back-and-forth. The voters woke up one morning, and they said you can't buy
incandescent light bulbs..."

Unless you don't count halogen or less than 40W or more than 150W.

* And how could George W Bush have signed such legislation, he must have
been thinking.

So, what are the chances? We won't know 'til the process gets a bit farther
down the road.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ips-a-switch-o...

* *This is great! Let's get some lead back in the gas too. And let's get
some more pro consumption legislation going. We need to use more energy
and water! There's plenty of both for the time being and Jesus will just
make more later. That's what the Moonies believe, you can read it all in
the Washington Times. Go Moonies! I think Sarah Palin is down with this
too. Hey Bub, good enough for you too?

* *Jeff

yep lets drop all rules and laws personal responsiblity is enough....

policies like that helped to crash our economy.

just look at the housing market