Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default Amount of lighting

On 12/07/10 2:59 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 12/07/10 2:16 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Larry writes:
On 07 Dec 2010 03:26:49 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:

To avoid "cycling the breakers", Lew advised running 12-3 from two 20
Amp breakers (it would not have occurred to me to do that).

I'm not sure what this means, but if you're running two 120v circuits
using 12-3 from a pair of 20A breakers, make sure the breaker handles
are tied together such that both trip if either one trips.

NO! He wants two separate circuits for different rows of lights. If
one blows, your way would have him in complete darkness instantly.

Then don't recommend an edison circuit to him, which Lew apparently did.

Run a separate 120V to a single bulb in the center of the shop.

One other thought, how often does a dedicated lighting circuit actually
blow, not sure I have ever seen it happen. Not that it couldn't happen.

--
Froz...