Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amount of lighting

In article ,
says...

"Bill" wrote in message
Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:

To avoid "cycling the breakers", Lew advised running 12-3 from two 20
Amp breakers (it would not have occurred to me to do that).

I'm not sure what this means, but if you're running two 120v circuits
using 12-3 from a pair of 20A breakers, make sure the breaker handles
are tied together such that both trip if either one trips.

scott

Because???

You do not want to have the possibility that one circuit has faulted and
the other still is hot in the same enclosure. You could still have a hot
circuit in there, when you think that it does not have juice to it. By
connecting both together, if one trips, you are assured that they both have
been shut off, and limit the possibility of getting a hold of a hot wire or
hot energized light switch or light.

Somehow or other I missed that that was being proposed. Agreed
wholeheartedly. If you're going to have two circuits going into the
same fixture you need to have one trip kill all power in that fixture.