Posted to rec.woodworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Amount of lighting

In article , Bill
wrote:
I'll have to sleep on it. My BS is still in the box, my DP is on order,
and I don't have a TS. Not only that, some of my most creative interests
lie in luthery rather than cabinet making, so I'm not positive I need so
much ambient lighting

Well, you may not need as much light over the whole shop, but you'll
want a lot of bench lighting (easy to come by) for all the fiddly work
that instruments require. I was amused with your comment in another post
regarding "the bigger the blade, the more light I need" - I find it
works the other way, actually; though the light may not need to be all
over the shop for what you are doing with little blades.