Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default RAC Portable Power Station, need DC adaptor spec

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:
OK, your impeccable documentation has won me over. I withdraw my
objection; the current claims on those jump-packs (300 amps, 400 amps)
must be believable after all. I'm a little surprised, though.

I used to work in a TV production facility where some of the prog was made
in the 'studio' - some on location. So there was a fleet of small trucks
used just for this location work. That location might only be a few
minutes drive away. And the trucks left unused at other times. So by
nature many suffered from flat batteries just when needed.

The availability of cheap jump start packs was very appealing. Easy to
store and carry. But in practice, even with the low cost, weren't reliable
enough. So units were made up using a sack trolley and car battery with a
charger attached. So the same sort of idea only larger.

In the US you can find a combination battery charger & large lead
acid battery built to jump start vehicles. Garages use them, and I've
seen them at large malls. The charge can put out enough current to
start a typical vehicle but if no AC is available they use the battery.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!