Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric car, was 200a service

"The Daring Dufas" wrote

I do seem to remember the old air cooled VW Beetle having an option for
a gasoline burning auxiliary heater for those really cold climates. I
suppose a propane heater for the new electric cars and perhaps a big
insulated compartment for ice to use to air condition them in warmer
weather. People seem to forget the simplest details when it comes to
alternative energy used for transportation. :-)

TDD

I have a remote starter on my car and often warm it up 3 to 5 minutes in the
morning. I doubt the electrics can do that, unless they have a plug in
heater. That remote is really a nice gadget when the temperature is in the
teens or lower.