Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default tool to toilet water inlet pipe nipple

On Dec 6, 10:04*pm, Todd wrote:
On 12/06/2010 09:46 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 12/6/2010 8:16 PM Todd spake thus:

I am calling that round compression ring thing that goes
over your toilet's inlet water pipe (1/2" copper?) a nipple.
If I am wrong, please correct me.

Question, how do I get the nipple off when I go to change
the water valve? The old nut is all stripped out and drips
and can't be tightened any more without ripping something.

There is tool for everything, there must be a tool for this?
Or, should I breakdown and just call a plumber?

I'm a little unclear here. You have a copper pipe between the shutoff
valve and toilet?

No, between the water supply and the cutoff valve.

Another question: are you in the U.S.?

yes

Unless I'm missing something here ...

Wrong side of the valve. *Sorry for not being more clear.

Todd-

" cutoff valve. " often referred to as an "angle stop" or
shutoff valve

getting the vocabulary right is half the battle.

cheers
Bob