Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tool to toilet water inlet pipe nipple

On 12/6/2010 8:16 PM Todd spake thus:

I am calling that round compression ring thing that goes
over your toilet's inlet water pipe (1/2" copper?) a nipple.
If I am wrong, please correct me.

Question, how do I get the nipple off when I go to change
the water valve? The old nut is all stripped out and drips
and can't be tightened any more without ripping something.

There is tool for everything, there must be a tool for this?
Or, should I breakdown and just call a plumber?

I'm a little unclear here. You have a copper pipe between the shutoff
valve and toilet? Another question: are you in the U.S.?

I'd say the best solution would be to discard the metal pipe and get an
ordinary flex connector between valve and toilet. Much less likely to
leak in the future. It should screw onto both valve and inlet to the
toilet's flush valve.

Unless I'm missing something here ...

--
How To Access Wikileaks