Frank Shute

Default OT - Is this representative of US public opinion? UK Newspaper Front Page

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:27:45 GMT, Dave Mundt wrote:

Neither does Iraq have a "brave new political system". It has protests
on the streets against a US-led war to bring "democracy", where this
appears to be US-selected non-elected placemen.

And the amazing thing is that there are no reports of
those protestors vanishing, or getting gunned down in those same
streets.

Wrong. There have been a number of reports of protesting Iraqis being
gunned down by American troops - certainly in our press.

I suppose the American press doesn't like to show that sort of thing
to the American people though - don't want to show them that bringing
`democracy' to those ungrateful foreigners means mountains of body
bags on both sides.

500+ US troops dead & counting....when does the US start to cut & run
and abandon the `democratisation' experiment? & where are those WMD?

--

Frank

http://www.freebsd.org/