Posted to uk.d-i-y
AlanD[_5_] AlanD[_5_] is offline

Default OT anyone got a Logitech Squeezebox set up on a NAS?

funnily enough I've just been reading such posts on assorted forums
detailing issues for large collections!
The only "solutions" visible were "bigger faster NASs" with
commensurate bigger costs.... seems I may need to rethink or wait a
bit longer for things to fall out a bit more...

How big is a large collection?

My collection (presented by TwonkyMedia running on the SS-439 with a 1.6Ghz
Atom CPU) is currently 12,000 MP3 tracks, 92,000 photos and 500 videos
(total about 1.2TB) and indexing has never been an issue. Is the
SqueezeCentre software slower indexing than Twonky? Can you use TwonkyMedia
with Squeezeboxes?