Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default RAC Portable Power Station, need DC adaptor spec

In article ,
Wild_Bill wrote:
As Dave P points out, the number of times that a small battery can
deliver the somewhat severe duty discharge rates, is going to be a very
limited number of times.

That was really the only point I was trying to make. The output from my
cheap one was enough to start a car on a few occasions - then not. What
the actual peak power is/was didn't much concern me.

I didn't purchase this Schumacher power pack as an emergency car battery
jump pack, but instead, only as a portable power supply.

Mine - despite being quite a few years old - is still fine for this, with
the battery holding its charge well. It also has a built in compressor, so
gets used for tyres. Slow, but does it.

It was remarkable value. Any cordless power tool of its age would have had
a dead battery long since.

--
* I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.