Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Amount of lighting

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Run #12 AWG, THHN wire from switches to fixtures as previously
described.

Grab a beer and enjoy looking at you new lighting system and the
$1,000 it took to get it done.

If you come in a few bucks under $1K, buy some brad point drills.

You think maybe we should scale it back some? I was starting to get
concerned what it could cost for the heating and air-conditioning to
keep the paint-strippers satisfied! (Don't tell SWHMBO I said that).

I'll have to sleep on it. My BS is still in the box, my DP is on order,
and I don't have a TS. Not only that, some of my most creative interests
lie in luthery rather than cabinet making, so I'm not positive I need so
much ambient lighting (still there's a point to be made in not doing
things "half way"..). My point is that what I affectionately refer to
as my "shop" is not very advanced at this point in time--though it's
electrical wiring puts it and I a mile ahead of where it and I were at
the same time last year.

You provided me with the most focused approach though, and I appreciate
your advice, so I printed out your suggestions. As you know, I have a
workbench or two to build too, and a birdhouse and some handplanes to
make. And a math problem to solve too (a real stumper! ). It's
freezing outside tonight...good weather for design!

$200 or $1000--it's "just a "car repair". As you know, one of the most
valuable things is time... The "dreaming" though, that we all do I
think, is one of the closest things to being a kid at Christmas time.
The dreaming gets us through the trials and tribulations, no?

Ho, Ho, Ho (was heard outside the stipple-ceiling'ed hore-house)!
And to all a good nite! : )

Bill