Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amount of lighting

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 20:06:44 -0500, Bill wrote:

Scott Lurndal wrote:

There is no such thing a "12-3 THHN".

Right, it's 12ga THNN. One white (neutral) one black (hot), one bare
(ground). 3 separate wires, if you're inside a wiremold run, for each
lighting circuit. One piece of romex (for each circuit) if you're
between top floor and ceiling.

Someone else wrote "pull 12-3 w/ground THHN". Is that more acceptable
(I understood what he was trying to tell me--2 hots, a common and a ground)?

4 separate wires if you're breaking out from the wiremold into the two
circuits.

The ballast in each fixture must be wired in parallel with respect
to all other ballasts on the same circuit the same way one wires multiple
incandescent fixtures on the same circuit.

----black------------+----------------+----------------+
| | |
ballast1 ballast2 ballast3
| | |

scott

I think I could wire that using 2 wire connectors each connecting 4
wires, grounds extra. The picture is helpful. Thank you.

Haven't you bought a home wiring book yet, Bill? If not, do so.
If so, try reading it, eh?

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London