Posted to alt.home.repair
Daniel Prince Daniel Prince is offline

Default Repairing an electric bathroom heater

"hr(bob) " wrote:

If it started working, you do NOT have a thermal fuse, you have a
thermal circuit breaker that opened and then reclosed after some
physical jostling. You should check the fan spins easily and that the
duct work is not clogged. A slow fan or clogged ductwork will cause
over heating and tripping of the thermal circuit breaker.

It started working after I bypassed the thermal fuse. The thermal
fuse is a strip of copper that should be bent over a ceramic arch.
The copper strip is riveted on each side. One side is broken or
melted. The copper strip is now straight and no longer bent so it
does not make contact with the terminal on that side.
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.