Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

wrote in message
On Dec 6, 4:51 pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

On Dec 5, 11:55 am, Smitty Two wrote:

In article , "RBM"
wrote:

I suppose with the new "Volt" coming out with it's
revolutionary 40 miles (best case scenario) on a charge, people will
be
just
tripping over each other to buy one.

For the record, reprinted without permission from Chevy:

" Volt is an electric car that uses gas to create its own electricity.
Plug it in, let it charge overnight, and it's ready to run on a pure
electric charge for up to 40 miles - gas and emissions free. After that,
Volt keeps going, even if you can't plug it in. Volt uses a
range-extending gas generator that produces enough energy to power it
for hundreds of miles on a single tank of gas."

Yawn... I didn't see anyone here say anything different. OF course
you
left out the part about how it's on a similar size platform and shares
components
with cars costing $17K, yet the Volt costs $42K.

A lot of scoffing done on a.h.r. about alternative energy, but it's
coming, and I believe it will help fuel (pun intended) our economic
recovery. Are the technologies mature and perfected? Hell no. Neither
was the Wright Flyer. I respect and appreciate the efforts of the
pioneers.

If you believe handing out $12K subsidies to build cars that are
economically
unviable is going to fuel our economic recovery, then maybe we should
start paying
people to dig holes and fill them back in.

I think that is exactly what this administration has in mind with it's
never
ending unemployment "insurance"- Hide quoted text -

For every FIVE on unemployment theres just ONE job.

Unemployment is necessary. Without the obama stimulus unemployment
today would be 25%

Bull****, got a lawn mower, you got a job, got two hands, you got a job, got
some initiative you got a job. Got nothin but excuses, you can stand on line
with the rest of the bottom feeders and take obama scraps