Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default RAC Portable Power Station, need DC adaptor spec

On 12/6/2010 8:58 AM Michael A. Terrell spake thus:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[I wrote:]

So how much current do you think they're actually capable of
delivering--say with the little battery fairly fresh and fully
charged?

Too many variables. What is the amp hour rating of the battery?

Tiny in automotive terms.

Really? My jump packs have 17 Ah batteries.

Product ID: BSL1117
Cold Cranking Amps: 240
Voltage: 12
Termination: NUT & BOLT
Chemistry: SLA OR VRLA VALVE REGULATED S
Weight: 13.3
Width: 2.99
Length: 7.13
Height: 6.57

My truck uses a size 27 battery with these specs:

Product ID: MTP-27
Amps: 1000
Cranking Amps: 1000
Cold Cranking Amps: 810
Voltage: 12
Termination: A
Pro-rata Warranty: 85
Weight: 47.4
Width: 6.81
Length: 12.06
Height: 8.88

So, it has 24% of the rating of the truck battery which isn't
'tiny'. It is intended to start a vehicle with a run down battery, not
one with mechanical problems. The portable pack is designed with a
different type of battery, as well. The available current is determined
by the plate area and thickness.

OK, your impeccable documentation has won me over. I withdraw my
objection; the current claims on those jump-packs (300 amps, 400 amps)
must be believable after all. I'm a little surprised, though.

--
How To Access Wikileaks

These sites are still up as of 12/3/10:

http://wikileaks.de