Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default 12-volt fatal shock 'snow-clearing train'

In message , Jules Richardson
writes
On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 21:45:14 +0000, Terry Casey wrote:
The introduction of colour with its power hungry shadowmask tubes was a
differnt matter entirely as not only was the voltage much higher, at
25kV, but it was generated by a relatively low impedance source. It's
surprising how safety conscious one becomes overnight when you realise
you are now dealing with something that is lethal ...

I've only had one shock from a colour TV, and it bloody hurt. Certainly
not something I'd care to repeat. Mains shocks tickle in comparison :-)

My last mains "tickle" sent me 6' across a room, from a standing start,
into a wall. Not sure what hurt the most, the shock or hitting the
wall.
Or possibly it was the embarrassment of being an idiot?

--
Bill