Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

On Dec 5, 10:32*pm, Michael B wrote:
On Dec 5, 9:23*pm, "
wrote:

But rest assured they will find a way to tax it if electric autos become a
lasting reality.

As they should. *Someone has to pay for the roads. *Who better than the users?

Who better to pay for the roads? I see it this way.
The municipal governments pay for maintaining
the roads, then they put another chunk of money
into trying to set up urban mass-transit. They've
got it all wrong. They are subsidizing the oil
companies by repairing the roads that are being
used by their customers. Let the oil companies pay
for the roads.

That's a great idea. Then the price of gas will be the same and
instead of
the oil companies sending a check to the govt marked federal fuel tax,
they will be sending a
check for the same amount marked federal "insert new name" tax.
That's economics 101.

And hey, the U.S. owns about 40% of GM, let GM
be turning out cablecars.