Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

On Dec 5, 2:11*pm, " wrote:
On Dec 5, 1:39*pm, Vic Smith wrote:

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 12:52:26 -0500, "RBM" wrote:
I think that if 95% of the driving public go less than 40 miles per day, and the car could be built,sold,
and *maintained, and didn't need to be subsidized, and the car company could make a profit,
at least some *reasonable segment of the public would buy it. That currently isn't the case.
I also think that if GM believed that they had a "winner", they wouldn't have to come up with a
secret, convoluted formula for figuring MPG's @ 230

1. *You don't need 95% market share of anything to succeed.
2. *Yes, the product has to be solid.
3. *Yes, the Volt is being subsidized, as was the Toyota Prius and all
the high efficiency furnaces they're talking about in another thread.
4. *GM is making a profit.
5. *The EPA determines MPG figures, not GM. *And it's not 230 MPG.

So you're batting .400.
In baseball they'd call you Ted Williams and you'd be a hero.
With most work it just gets your ass fired.

--Vic

anything that cuts our importing of crude oil, espically from the mid
east is a good thing.....

our mucking about in those countries business over oil is largely why
terrorism exists.....

just look at wiki leaks, and what our country has been up to- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, right. If we just put our head in the sand or better yet just
be nice and
kiss their asses as much as we can, all those radical muslims will
just go away.
Obama's been doing that for about 2 years now and has zippo to show
for it. If the world
were NOT buying oil from "those countries", then you'd be blaming the
US for terrorism,
because the countries had no decent economies. Yet those Islamic
extremists exist
in countries like Saudi Arabia that have oil and Yemen that do not.
They seem to thrive
in the UK too. Is that because of their North Sea oil?

Face it. There is evil in the world, whether it's in the form of
islamic extremists
or just nut jobs like North Korea, which doesn't have a pot to ****
in, yet they have built
an atom bomb and long range missles.