Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default american beer inferier?

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 03:24:23 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I don't get this light beer thing. What is the point? Beer
should have some body and flavour. You don't have to
drink it until it's coming out your nose.

It's a social thing. Shmoozing with your buddies for hour after hour, while
downing beer after beer, is a mark of True Masculinity. So a lower-calorie
beer seems desirable.

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s, long before low-carb
became a trend. I remember seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.

The beer was called Gablingers and it was brewed by Rheingold so it
was available in NY, NJ. and New England. Chuck