Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Default american beer inferier?

William Sommerwerck wrote:

I don't get this light beer thing. What is the point? Beer
should have some body and flavour. You don't have to
drink it until it's coming out your nose.

It's a social thing. Shmoozing with your buddies for hour after hour, while
downing beer after beer, is a mark of True Masculinity. So a lower-calorie
beer seems desirable.

There was a short-lived low-carb beer in the late 60s, long before low-carb
became a trend. I remember seeing the ads in New York, but I don't remember
the name.

Some states allowed the sale of 3.2% alcohol beer to 18 year olds,
while you had to be 21 to buy 6%. It was commonly referred to as 'Near
beer'.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!