Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave__67 Dave__67 is offline

Default Vacuum Clamp - Compressed Air ( WARNING! Actual metal workingcontent. )

On Dec 6, 12:26*pm, CaveLamb wrote:
Snag wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 5, 6:31 pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Single-Sided-V...IHR61U/ref=sr_...

How does this create vacuum with compressed air? Venturi affect?

If its a venturi wouldn't it use a huge volume of air?
I've seen larger clamping tables set up for use with a shop vac, same
with laminating bags. *Easy enough to build one, just a box with a
plate of holes on top.

Stan

A lot depends on what you're laminating ... a shop vac isn't going to cut it
if you're vacuum forming/laminating *three layers of 1/4" MDF to a radius
form .
* Now if you're sucking a layer of fiberglass onto a canoe hull , it might
be just the ticket .

Per your latter,

It works well as long as you allow some air into the vacuum to cool it.
Otherwise the vacuum cleaner wont last long.

But that does reduce the pull...

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Better vacuums don't use the 'sucked' air in the cooling path. Also
good because fines aren't blasted through the motor.

I always look for this feature when shop-vac shopping.

Dave