Posted to uk.d-i-y
Piers Finlayson Piers Finlayson is offline

Default OT anyone got a Logitech Squeezebox set up on a NAS?

On 2010-12-05 19:35:22 +0000, Jim K said:

Well, from my initial toe-dips into this murk (representing the
tentative start of one of my quantum leaps in home kit) it seems
eminentlly doable to run Loitech Squeezebox server on some NASs -
Logitech even provide installation instructions and support to certain
Netgear (i think) NAS products...

NAS appeals so far as:- quiet, low power consumption (10 - 15w),
hopefully unobtrusive - to be stashed away somewhere out of
sight...poss other +'s and -'s I haven't grasped yet ;)

I'm using one of these as my PC: http://www.fit-pc.com/web/ - actually
the older fit-PC, not fit-PC2.

It was claimed at around 4W for the PC itself.

I find that a bit optimistic.

Indeed, but I don't have anything sensitive enough to measure it with.