Rich

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

i dont blame the dealer its the mom and pops shops that are going out of
buisness because of ebay and the borgs. i recently stopped by my locale
archery shop and the owner was loading the last few boxes to close the shop
and go out of business. we talked for a couple of minutes and he explained
why. people would buy there bows and arrows at ebay.gander mt and the other
large sporting good borgs and bring there stuff to him for tuning and
adjustmnet cause the others could not do it. i have bought ALL my archery
stuff his shop. i did check prices and he was a little higher but i did not
care because of the service i got. after a while i did not even check prices
just went there and was treated fair and got excellent service.go buy your
saw or tools from the borgs but dont go to the locale guy for service or
repairs. its the same thing as taking your own eggs to the resaurant to have
them cooked.
"gfhshs" wrote in message
Rich

I saw this in two other groups. Are you just out to bash? Are you actually
reading the replies?

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
Purchased a nice chainsaw via internet like most of all my tools.

Saw had a brake problem with the chain and I called the local service

center
for warranty work and they said come on down.
Once they found out I purchased it on the internet at the shop they

refused
to work on it as a warranty job since I didnt buy it from them. They

cited
low pay from Husky on warranty work and were not willing to do it if

they
didnt make the sale.

I called Husqvarna about the problem and they told me that "I need to
understand the dealers perspective" and they have the right to refuse
service, even warranty work when they are an authorized dealer/repair
center.

Most likely it is a simple fix as far as adjusting the brake band on the
clutch but it seems the local dealers are fighting back and I am caught

in
the middle.

Who cares about me, they all got my money and in the mean time I have
useless, expensive, orange boat anchor with Husqvarna written on the

side.

Anyway be advised if your buying mail order chainsaws.

Rich