Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Son's BBQ Pit Project

Steve B wrote:
Only other item would be either a stainless or copper top for the
sideboard. Wood has a VERY nasty habit of getting coated with raw meat
juices and causing problems.

Huh? If a cutting board is getting "coated with raw meat juices", that cook
needs to go to Cooking 101 and learn proper sanitization of kitchen
utensils. I believe they use wood or synthetic cutting boards in most real
restaurants, and have no "getting coated with raw meat juices" problems.

Steve

Not in 99% of the places I have been. They have pretty much all tossed
wood out and use plastics. Less problems, dishwasher safe and better for
the knives as well.

Plus in a commercial kitchen there are actually very few times where the
raw prep area is also the location where the final cooked product is
prepped for service.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)