Posted to uk.d-i-y
AlanD[_5_] AlanD[_5_] is offline

Default OT anyone got a Logitech Squeezebox set up on a NAS?

"Jim K" wrote in message
looks intelesting - though seems a bit "muddy" how to get to run off a
NAS, than on a (on all the time :() PC
ta
Jim K

Have a look at the Qnap range of NASs. They support SqueezeCent
http://www.qnap.com/pro_application.asp?ap_id=71

I've got 2 Qnap NASs, been running for about 3 years without issues. They
just work. I particularly like the scheduled start-up and shutdown feature,
and WoL. (Which my previous Buffalo NAS didn't have, so ran 24/7)
The 2.5" disk models have a tiny power consumption also - I have a SS-439
with 4x 500gb disks in a RAID5 group.

While I don't have a squeezebox, I have several internet radios that support
UPNP, and stream music to them and video / photos to an Xbox 360 from the
Qnap's built-in 'TwonkyMedia' software.