Markt Markt is offline
Junior Member

Default Shower Tray - Resin Stone V Resin Polymer

Hi all

I am ripping out an old shower 760 x 760 fitted to a larger alcove with sloping tiled side ledges, am am hoping to fit a larger tray (900mm square x 45mm high).

The alcove size is 880mm and has plastered wasll on the left and right sides and a 18mm plywood rear wall. I will need to recess the tray into the side wall, will I get enough clearance by removing the plaster and render back to the breeze block walls? I will be raising the tray on a plinth topped with 18mm thick ply.

What are peoples thoughts on the merits of resin stone versus resin polymer (Resinlite) shower trays, both are ABS capped. I think that the lower weight of the resinlite tray would make it easier to position but am wondering about their strength compared to the normal resin stone ones.

Cheers

Mark