Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Harbor Freight wood stove?

"Bob F" wrote in message
Tony Miklos wrote:
Third page of the first flyer. Anyone have one of these Vogelzang
"boxwood" stoves? How are they for a garage? It wouldn't be running
all the time, just when I expect to spend a lot of time in the garage.
It's cast iron, but thin enough to get hot fast. I don't know if it
has any firebrick or not, which for quick heat I don't want
firebrick. It has to be safer than the 55 gallon drum stoves...
doesn't it?

It doesn't appear to be EPA rated, since they can't sell it here and
elsewhere, which means it probably is less efficient and smokes more than
rated ones.

You get what you pay for. I'd pay a little more, and get a better one, a
safer one, maybe even an old used one. Buy a good one, try to get a deal in
today's market, and don't be buying one a year from now because the HF POS
isn't what you need and you just wasted that money.

If you weld, build one. If you don't weld, maybe it's time you learn.

What I'd do.