Posted to alt.home.repair
Daniel Prince Daniel Prince is offline

Default Repairing an electric bathroom heater

"Colbyt" wrote:

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
.. .
My electric bathroom heater has stopped working. It is a NuTone
model 920 heater. It was made in 1957. It fits into a metal can in
the ceiling which is just under 13 inches in diameter. It is rated
as 1,000 watts at 115 volts.

Just spend the $50 or so to buy a new unit. That one has served the
household very well. At least that is the route I took with a 1978 model.

How do I modify my ceiling to fit the new heater? Do I have to
remove the old 13 inch diameter can? Do I have to cut back the
drywall until I have a rectangular hole with joists on each side?
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.