Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight wood stove?

On 12/5/2010 7:55 PM Tony Miklos spake thus:

Third page of the first flyer. Anyone have one of these Vogelzang
"boxwood" stoves? How are they for a garage? It wouldn't be running
all the time, just when I expect to spend a lot of time in the garage.
It's cast iron, but thin enough to get hot fast. I don't know if it has
any firebrick or not, which for quick heat I don't want firebrick. It
has to be safer than the 55 gallon drum stoves... doesn't it?

I completely missed that. But there it is, in all its cast-iron glory.

Heh; looks like the copy of a Jotul I bought many years ago for my house
in Flagstaff. Some Taiwanese/Japanese copy (this was the late
19-ought-80s, before the influx of Chinese goods). Relatively well-made.

Haven't seen this one, but at a guess: no firebrick, probably not
airtight, but still very usable. (So long as the smoke port is
relatively airtight, no problemo anyhow.)

I'd buy it.

--
How To Access Wikileaks

These sites are still up as of 12/3/10: