Doug Winterburn

Default OT - Is this representative of US public opinion? UK Newspaper Front Page

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:37:28 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

I doubt we can fix health care for the 16 billion aimed at Mars, but we don't
need to **** those bucks into space, either.

Interesting thought, loading a bunch of cash on a rocket and shooting it
into space. Actually, NASA's budget gets spent providing jobs and
generating tax revenue. As far as ROI, it would be interesting to see
what the ramifications of not "****ing away" the billions on the Apollo
program for example. Where would the computer industry be at this point?
Would we have PC's sitting on our desks or have the internet. Would
there be an Intel or Microsoft? What would be the difference in tax
revenues between then and now had we not done it? I'm betting that we
have gotten much more back in tax revenue than we spent.

-Doug