Posted to uk.d-i-y
Piers Finlayson Piers Finlayson is offline

Default OT anyone got a Logitech Squeezebox set up on a NAS?

On 2010-12-05 17:19:55 +0000, Jim K said:

looks intelesting - though seems a bit "muddy" how to get to run off a
NAS, than on a (on all the time :() PC
ta
Jim K

Not quite what you're asking, but ...

I have opted to DIY my NAS. Rather than buying on off the shelf
(hearing bad things about the reliability of low-end RAID boxes) I have
simply implemented an el cheapo (small, low powered so also cheap to
leave on 24x7) linux box, with two USB attached 1.2 TB hard drives.
One contains all my (music, photo, video, etc) files, and I manually
mirror this hard drive to the other one over night.