Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Hanig[_4_] Jay Hanig[_4_] is offline

Default TV with external speakers

On 12/5/2010 7:13 AM, wrote:
On Dec 5, 2:08 am, wrote:
The last 3 TVs I bought have audio line out jacks.
I have it hooked to regular PC speakers. You can get some real nice
ones if you are willing to spend $60-70.
Gearxs.com usually has some on sale but shop around..-

I guess the question is what the audio outputs are capable of driving
without assistance. I'd start with finding out the specs of the TV.
If in fact an amp is needed, I would think either Radio Shack or Ebay
would
be a place to look. There has to be small ones for such applications.

I hate the crappy sound that TVs produce and have always hooked them up
to a better system. I've got a home theater system for my main TV but
what I did for the one in the kitchen is just buy a very cheap used
stereo receiver off Craigslist and paired it to some small speakers.

The sound quality is light years beyond what I started with and I bought
the speakers and the receiver for about $50. You just have to watch the
ads for a few days and somebody will advertise some perfectly good
equipment for next to nothing simply to get it out of their house.

Jay