Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Chas[_3_] Chas[_3_] is offline

Default How NOT to remove a lathe chuck

wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 12:18:19 -0800, "anorton"
wrote:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d27_1291395628

Could have ended up much worse. How many things did they do wrong?

What nationality? It is not English they speak. I suspect East Europe
but can hear nothing distinctive.

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I can plainly hear someone say "press start". It is strange that the lathe
is in forward, and the guy holding on to the chuck key is obviously
expecting the chuck to rotate in the forward direction. Perhaps the object
of the exercise was not chuck removal, but to see how far the lathe could
fling a thrill-seeking idiot.
--
Regards,

Chas.

(To email me, replace "xxx" with letters tango papa golf.)