Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default RAC Portable Power Station, need DC adaptor spec

On 12/5/2010 2:49 AM Dave Plowman (News) spake thus:

In article , David
Nebenzahl wrote:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet in this thread, but
aren't those claims for how much current these things will deliver
a lot of BS?

I first saw one of these power units a couple weeks ago, when my
neighbor used his to get my van started after he borrowed it and the
battery started going dead. He used it twice, successfully, to
jump-start my half-dead battery. So they do work, apparently. But his
was similarly marked (I think 300 amps). Is there any way that such a
small lead-acid battery could deliver this much juice? I'm skeptical.

They vary quite a bit in price. At the cheaper end I've found they will
deliver enough current (when new) to start a car with a flat battery - but
no more than a handful of times.

So how much current do you think they're actually capable of
delivering--say with the little battery fairly fresh and fully charged?

--
How To Access Wikileaks

These sites are still up as of 12/3/10:

http://wikileaks.de