Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 100v-- 10V Trans. on 120V

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" ..

Sorry I tuned in late, 100V is the standard line voltage in Japan.

I can't say what will happen to the device but it is an unregulated supply
it will put out 12 volts instead of 10, and get hot.

** Read the whole thread - imbecile.

Because Japan uses 50 Hz, the tranny will not run any hotter at 120 volts
at 60 Hz.

If that will damage the supply, or the device is hard to guess.

** Guessing is always easy - imbecile.

What I suggest to people who move here (Israel) from the US is to take the
supply to a good electronics store and they will sell you a replacememnt
that has the correct voltage, current supply and connector.

** Japan uses the same AC sockets as the USA.

There is simply no issue.

..... Phil