Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 100v-- 10V Trans. on 120V

On 12/4/2010 8:56 PM Brenda Ann spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

I'm most intrigued, though, by that "100 V" rating. Is that written on
the outside? Because that's a nonstandard voltage, at least for the
parts of the world I'm familiar with. Where are you? What's the line
voltage where you live?

Maybe it's just a "nominal" rating, like the 90-140 V or so that some
power supplies will handle. In any case, the advice that others have
given here, basically "don't sweat it, the device's regulation will take
care of things" is good.

100V is a standard voltage in Japan. What's really interesting about Japan
is that they not only use 100/220V power, but also 50 AND 60 Hz line
frequencies.

Butbutbut ... shouldn't that be 100/200 V? Usually the higher voltage is
double the lower one (two equal legs of the lower voltage). Here in
North American it's actually 120 & 240, at least nominally.

--
How To Access Wikileaks

These sites are still up as of 12/3/10:

http://wikileaks.de