Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default A tale of two screw-ups

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 13:59:50 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

It has always been exciting for me to see 'rough-and-tumble' elegance.
Very hard to categorize (probably impossible anyway) it is an form of
art that I have seen and heard in many disciplines. Stevie Ray Vaughn
is, in terms of technical ability, as rough and crude as it gets. But
he creates warmth with spikes and barbs. A true artist. Early
Picasso... same deal. In a documentary I saw once, he took a simple
brush with black ink and slobbered some shapes and before my very
eyes, they became alive.

Your stuff talks to me that way. Beautiful, just absolutely
gorgeous..... This stuff should be in a gallery somewhere.. like 5th
Ave NYC

Aww shucks... I was just going for fairly simple to make but with
enough wow factor to get a decent margin, but I will settle for art.

Hey can I quote you on that for the website?

Refined like a Keith Moon drum solo.

Now you have me wondering what would have happened if Keith Moon had
gotten into shop class instead of music. Blow up tree with dynamite,
start putting it back together until it looks like a table?

-Kevin