Jon Endres, PE

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
Purchased a nice chainsaw via internet like most of all my tools.

snip of chainsaw repair attempt

Anyway be advised if your buying mail order chainsaws.

Advised of what? Caveat emptor. I have three saws, two of which I bought
from eBay and one of which I bought from my local dealer. They're Stihl
saws, so they don't break like Husqvarnas do

Anyway, my dealer has no problem working on any of my saws, or selling me
parts, or supplies, but I sure don't expect him to do free repairs if I
didn't buy the saw there. Granted, none of them are still under warranty,
but if I wanted a new saw, I'd buy locally. The ones off of fleaBay were
both used.

Car dealers work the same way. I don't think they can flat out refuse to do
warranty repairs, but they can sure drag it out forever and get you to pay
for stuff you don't need in order to make up for it. In most cases, it's
actually up to the manufacturer to cover that stuff. If Husky is willing to
back up their dealers, then be prepared to pay to have your saw fixed.

Jon E