Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default No Salute for Staff Sergeant Giunta?

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 00:29:18 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

Staff Sergeant Salvatore Giunta is a personification of what Hope and
Change in America is all about.

You're utterly shameless.

SSG Giunta's heroism was uncommon valor in combat, nothing to do with
hope and change.

Indeed.

Speaking of which..I note that the national unemployment rate just went
Up another 2 points, even after the hiring of temporary Christmas
workers..and that 99 week unemployment will start running out this month
as well. After the Christmas sales season..it will go up at least to
10% as the temp workers are laid off.

It should be noted that the published figures do NOT include those who
have fallen off the unemployment rolls, or those with minimal part time
fill in jobs and historically have to be Doubled at the least to show
the full and true unemployment rate.

Hence..the national average is actually 18+%, while the California
actual rate is 28%.

I was advised yesterday by someone who knows...that Southern
California...LA and Orange County....has lost between 48 and 50% of
their machine shops. Gone. Finito...closed the doors, never to cut metal
again.

Considering that this was one of Americas manufacturing hearts.....it
doesnt look good for the economy, despite what all the Leftwinger
talking heads keep spewing out their ass.

http://accounting.smartpros.com/x67672.xml

http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...g/blog-184877/

Unemployment up to 10.2%, government says economy is recovering?

The unemployment rate rose from 9.8 to 10.2 percent in October, and
nonfarm payroll employment continued to decline (-190,000), the U.S.
Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The largest job losses over
the month were in construction, manufacturing, and retail trade.

read more at: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

And its not..not..not getting better.

Like FDR...this second rat ******* has gutted the nation and its never
going to be the same again.

Gunner

I don't think we're going to have to worry about that old scenario of
California falling off into the sea. I think it is just going to rot away,
and no one will want to live there.

Steve