Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default How NOT to remove a lathe chuck

On 12/04/2010 03:17 PM, Sunworshipper wrote:
On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 12:18:19 -0800, "anorton"
wrote:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d27_1291395628

Could have ended up much worse. How many things did they do wrong?

That was just plain scary.

These kids now days are out there. I've had a 22-23 yr. old jump back
like a startled cat when I turned a lathe on for a second cause he was
asking questions. Somehow, I would guess computers, they are suppose
to try the unlikely to see if it works. My kid did something like that
in front of me, can't recall exactly what it was. Something to do with
audio video, like fast forward and rewind at the same time, but that
wasn't it. I guess as if there is a special feature hidden behind
trying to break it or one's self to see what happens.

"Oh, kids these days" was probably exclaimed by the first proto-human
that learned to talk, then grew old.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services