Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT removing sticky residue from windshield

On 12/4/2010 7:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Bob-tx" No Spam no contact wrote in message
Our state has two stickers on the inside of auto windshields -
inspection sticker & license renewal.
New ones are put on each year. Using a razor blade scraper takes the
old paper off, but sticky residue
is left. Seldom do the new stickers go on exactly where the old ones
came off, so the sticky area tends
to spread.

What would be good to use to remove this sticky residue?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Bpb-tx

The simple solution is to move to Connecticut and buy a new car with
clean windshield. We no longer have any stickers to apply for either
inspection or registration.

We will have none of that in PA. We have a proud tradition of
maintaining bureaucratic standards and must have two stickers affixed to
the windshield. That is even though any law enforcement officer can run
the plate and or VIN if the plate is missing to determine current
ownership, inspection status, insurance status and what the owner ate
for breakfast.

If you don't like that idea, try WD-40. Wipe on, let it sit a few, rub
off and clean well with a glass cleaner.

Pretty much any solvent. The current joke in PA is that last years batch
of stickers have defective glue on them so most of them (including the
ones on our vehicles) are half peeled off.