Phisherman

Default Does a zero clearance insert need to be fasten down?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:48:22 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

The insert that came with the saw has a clip at the back and a screw at the
front.
Does a zero clearance insert need those also?

I made mine out of 3/4" stock cause that is what I had and I can't imagine
how it could move except straight up, but I know a 3450 rpm saw blade can do
amazing things.

All I have is a little wooden hook at the back. To remove the insert,
I lift the front part and slide it forward a fraction of an inch. The
"hook" is just half of a wooden popsicle stick glued in place.