Mike in Mystic

Default Does a zero clearance insert need to be fasten down?

I've made several out of birch plywood and not used any retainer clips or
other things. Leveling screws are useful, but obviously not to hold it into
the table saw. I've never had any problems with the inserts flying out.
The main thing is to secure them when initially sawing the kerf hole. If
you do that, the blade shouldn't ever touch the insert when in use.

Mike

"Toller" wrote in message
The insert that came with the saw has a clip at the back and a screw at

the
front.
Does a zero clearance insert need those also?

I made mine out of 3/4" stock cause that is what I had and I can't imagine
how it could move except straight up, but I know a 3450 rpm saw blade can

do
amazing things.