Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] NOPSAMmm2005@bigfoot.com is offline

Default Why is a multi-room DVR something worth crrowing about?

On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 09:08:57 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

jamesgangnc wrote:

On Dec 2, 5:31*pm, wrote:

-snip-

I only have one HD TV and it is with the two receivers.
The rest are NTSC so the cable is fine for them.
All you need to run the other TVs is one of the RF remotes. Each
remote runs one of my in house channels. You can also switch over to
see what any of the other tuners is doing.- Hide quoted text -

Why would you have two recievers at one tv?

Here's why *I* would. I have them on different TV's now- but having
them both in one room has been tempting.

My boxes can record 2 show at once. There are more than 2 networks
competing for my eyes- so they all try to put their best stuff on at
the same time. Now they've begun to just run shows over for 1 minute
so it interferes with the next show on another network.

I've noticed that. Not just networks, right. Independent stations do
the same thing, I think.

You clearly think they do it to interfere with the other channel. I
guess that must be it. Have you read anything about that?

2 receivers let me record 4 shows at once while I watch something
recorded earlier.

Jim