Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default RAC Portable Power Station, need DC adaptor spec

In article
,
robgraham wrote:
No need to pay silly prices for a sophisticated battery charger. Lidl
and Aldi in the UK both do similar ones for about 14 gbp. They pulse
charge a flat battery, change to a normal charge, then switch to a
maintenance one. Get the same thing with a 'name' on it and you'll pay
four times as much.

The Lidl /Aldi offerings are good there is no doubt, but they are
never there when you want them !! You have to be on their mailing
list and make a judgement to buy when they are available - and then
they sit around for ages ..... until that magic moment and hey presto
they do the job. Just been there this afternoon to top up a spare car
battery just in case, using one of these I bought probably a year
ago. Serious cold now in Edinburgh and I can see some sluggish
starting coming up.

They're cheap enough to build into the car. I've done this on my
'classic'. With a waterproof mains connector under the rear bumper.

I get emails from both Aldi and Lidl showing their offers of the week.
With some of them you have to get there early.

--
*Certain frogs can be frozen solid, then thawed, and survive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.