Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default RAC Portable Power Station, need DC adaptor spec

On Dec 3, 12:07*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *Terry Fields wrote:

These days battery chargers are very sophisticated things in how they
treat batteries. If your friend has more than one battery to care for,
an Optimate or Accumate charger might be a good idea, but they aren't
cheap.

No need to pay silly prices for a sophisticated battery charger. Lidl and
Aldi in the UK both do similar ones for about 14 gbp. They pulse charge a
flat battery, change to a normal charge, then switch to a maintenance one..
Get the same thing with a 'name' on it and you'll pay four times as much.

--
*They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken. *

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

The Lidl /Aldi offerings are good there is no doubt, but they are
never there when you want them !! You have to be on their mailing
list and make a judgement to buy when they are available - and then
they sit around for ages ..... until that magic moment and hey presto
they do the job. Just been there this afternoon to top up a spare car
battery just in case, using one of these I bought probably a year
ago. Serious cold now in Edinburgh and I can see some sluggish
starting coming up.