Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why is a multi-room DVR something worth crrowing about?

On Dec 2, 5:31*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 11:31:49 -0800 (PST), jamesgangnc

wrote:
On Dec 2, 11:42 am, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 06:53:47 -0800 (PST), jamesgangnc

wrote:
The direct tv solution uses your home network. I don't think it is
capable of using the coax connections. The splitters in satelite tv
have to be able to swap the different frequency bands from the dish on
each line to a reciever. I think that may make it difficult to
backfeed signal through them to another receiver.

The Dish setup uses an RF remote for the second receiver in each box
and outputs all of the tuners you have on separate TV channels in the
RF out port. I have 2 boxes, 4 tuners and 2 are DVR capable. I combine
all of them on the "house" cable so I can see all 4 from any TV
(Channel 73, 75, 77 and 79). I also put my Replay TV (DVR) on channel
3 and a PC that plays MP3 music or any online content I can find comes
out on channel 71 using an agile modulator. A blue tooth pointing
device with a well placed transmitter gives me pretty good coverage to
control the PC.

The newer set up with direct tv and verizon and maybe the att uverse
the receivers talk to each other and transfer the recorded content to
each other. *Then the receiver that is "local" to you outputs it to
that tv/monitor. *That way all your tv's can be hd with hdmi
connections to the receiver.

I only have one HD TV and it is with the two receivers.
The rest are NTSC so the cable is fine for them.
All you need to run the other TVs is one of the RF remotes. Each
remote runs one of my in house channels. You can also switch over to
see what any of the other tuners is doing.- Hide quoted text -

Why would you have two recievers at one tv?